Sunday, 24 February 2013

My Eighties Exhibition

Malcolm McLaren on the fiddle.

That's Not My Eighties, it's the decade as seen through the lens of my photographer friend Neil Mackenzie Matthews. My eighties was similar but with a northern slant, most of it was spent propping up the bar at the Hacienda. Anyhow. NMM has a small exhibition of his portraits entitled 'My Eighties' on show at The Great British, a traditional London caff in the heart of Mayfair. So double whammy. Great photos and Great British food at affordable prices. I'll definitely be going back.

Hayzi Fantayzee.



Robert Smith.

Edwyn Collins.



The Jam.


Which reminds me, somewhere in the TNMA archives there's a snapshot of a much younger me with Robert Smith after a Cure gig in Manchester. Ah the olden days...


My Eighties runs at The Great British, 14 North Audley Street, London until summer 2013.



8 comments:

Vix said...

I want to see the picture of you and Robert Smith (back in his swoonsome, slimmer days!)
Looks an ace exhibition. Wonder if you rubbed shoulders with Jon in the Hacienda? No point asking him, those days were a blur! xx

Patricia G said...

Yep I want to see your pic with sweet Robert too. Weren't we wonderful back then!

finchleygirl said...

I went to see The Cure with you!! I bet I took the photo. I do remember waiting hours outside to see them leave by the back exit. You MUST post the photo on here - that's an order x

Tiffany said...

I want to see the photo too! Seeing The Cure in Leeds in 1985 was one of the highlights of my teens ...

Kate Brown said...

Ah, the eighties ..... I so loved them :) Katie B @ Minerva Collection – UK Handbags & Jewellery

Deborah said...

Love to see that photo! This brings back some great memories:)

That's Not My Age said...

finchleygirl - blimey, I'd forgotten that we went together. I'll see what I can do re: posting the photo, it's a bit scary.

Veshoevius said...

I want to see your picture with Robert Smith of the Cure too!!