Thursday, 13 January 2011

Your purse is on fire!



Haven't done one of these posts for a while, so let me explain. This is where I imagine I have the money to hang out in Klosters with George Osborne and still have some change - actually I'd rather eat my own vomit than go skiing with Tory Boy but you get the picture. And so, to this week's most-wanted. A pair of lovely woven leather shoes from Camper. The shape, a 1930s-style silhouette (can't wait to see The King's Speech) and the neutral tone feel quite timely. And as I live my life in a blur of khaki, camel and grey, this little lace-up will blend in seamlessly. Finally, it's a bit of a Mum Shoe - and whilst other women totter around in high-rise platforms and wedges, That's Not My Age is happiest in the footwear of a grown-up lady.

Switch the pointy stiletto for the Camper Mum Shoe and this is the kind of look I'm thinking of, for spring:




What will you be wearing this spring?



PS the Camper shoe is available in February and the other picture is from Comptoir des Cotoniers.

19 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

I do rather like those shoes despite the granny chic edge they have to them.
I'll be wearing the same this spring as I do every spring, hopefully a bikini and a suntan and some rather large sunglasses. xxx

CATHERINE DANIEL said...

Think I may model myself on Helena Bonham Carter in The King's Speech, complete with Queen Mother hats! Wonderful film - saw last night.

Aesthetic Alterations said...

Those shoes are great! In the midwest USA, I've been seeing this granny/'30s vibe for a while now. I worried initially that it was too trendy, but maybe it's here to stay. It's offers the type of heel I can actually wear.

Camper shoes are surprisingly comfortable, although I guess I haven't gotten a new pair in a few years, so maybe they've changed. I hope not! Look at that sale!

Tabitha said...

I'd like that whole look mailed to me!

fabriquefantastique said...

LOL...you do have a way with words!
Those are the first pair of shoes I've fancied in a long while.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I like the shoes but I don't think I could pull them off. Saying that my glam rock wedges arrived and I'm so ridiculously tall in them and the platform is higher than I thought... I need to rethink my idea of sensible! Those trousers are gorgeous, I'd love some of those xx

MyStyle said...

Hi there-this outfit is really a stylish and chic look, the shoes do have a unique look too!

Terri said...

I like the heel heighth!

Fashionistable said...

Lovely look. I can just see you in it. Thoughts of spring - bring it on but for now just give me big warm jumpers. Xxxx

That's Not My Age said...

Vix - does it get quite warm in Birmingham then?

Catherine - I'd steer clear of the Queen Mum hats if I were you.

AA - Camper shoes are really comfy, and I know that makes me sound ancient!

Christina - forget glam rock wedges, Mum Shoes are the future!

LPC said...

Cue middle-aged woman screaming on the sofa, "I LOVE THAT LOOOOOOOK!" Have you ever seen clothes from Bassike? A slightly different palette but still!

Elizabeth said...

Those are hideous, what are you thinking?

That's Not My Age said...

Elizabeth - We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one!

Make Do Style said...

I love those Camper shoes - very Kings Speech vibe I think.

I love your vomit comment! xx

Lola said...

The height is perfect, I'm like you, I can't walk around in anything higher, in fact I'm sure after a few hours in those my feet will be acheing!

p.s I can't wait to see King's speech either!

finchleygirl said...

Saw the Kings Speech on Weds and it is one of the best films I have seen for ages. Am now going to take my family and see it again!! Love the shoes too x

neigeblanche said...

The shoes are not me but the colours of that outfit are stunning. Great blog!

Pergolina said...

ooooh. those shoes caught my eye!

fatgirlslikeniceclothestoo said...

I LOVE those shoes and I for one will be definitely trying them on when they hit the shops.