Monday, 31 January 2011
Hooray for Edina Ronay!
Back in the eighties, Edina Ronay's designs were a regular feature in all the glossy magazines, and a young That's Not My Age was the proud owner of one of her vintage-inspired-hand-knits in a lovely shade of primrose. Sadly, I've absolutely no idea what happened to that gorgeous cotton cardigan but I do know that the knitwear designer has launched a fabulous new website featuring bespoke cashmere pieces.
Here are some archive pictures and some new designs:
And here are five things you need to know about Edina Ronay:
1. She studied at Central St Martins and RADA and has worked as both an actor and a fashion designer.
2. Her knitwear is worn by the likes of Nicole Kidman, Jerry Hall and Kate Moss.
2. The first thing Ronay knitted was a brightly coloured jacket and Peruvian hat for her baby daughter, Shebah.
3. Edina Ronay's work is inspired by forties films and impressionist painters.
4. She is the daughter of restaurant critic, Egon.
The website currently sells sweaters, cardigans and scarves but accessories and homewares will be arriving in autumn/winter 2011.