Thursday, 15 October 2009
What we've learned this week: How to do glamour
Hollywood legend, Joan Collins wants to bring a certain type of glamour back to the streets of Britain. The born-again style icon has a regular column for The Daily Mail, recently penned a piece on the return of the shoulder pad for The Sunday Times Style and even rocked up at London Fashion Week. And then this week, to top it all, we had the fabulous 'Joan Does Glamour' makeover show (please somebody tell us that it's going to be made into a series!). Collins might be a stranger to Sainsbury's but she certainly knows her way round Dior and Saint Laurent. Joanie says she 'respects people who look good more than people who look like slobs,' and isn't afraid to speak her mind. Here we share her thoughts on glamour - and remind ourselves that with a little bit of discipline, everyone can look and feel their best:
1. Slap on the eyeliner, apply a little bit of lipstick and hold your head up high.
2. Invest in a black leather jacket, JC says every woman should own one.
3. Spend time shopping for a good capsule wardrobe. It doesn't have to cost a fortune - even Joanie shops at Primark.
4. Beware - once you get glamour it's like a drug!
1. Think that a bar of soap, a razor and a bottle of shampoo maketh a decent beauty regime.
2. Opt for poker straight hair if you've got a round face.
3. Never ever wear tight white, peep hole trousers.
4. And always remember... only sheep wear fleece.
Photo: Chris Jackson/Getty Images